[OPLINLIST] the end of Novelist

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Sat Oct 25 13:13:42 EDT 2008

I should probably be the one to answer a couple of Carolyn's questions:

On Sat, October 25, 2008 10:28 am, Carolyn Rector wrote:
> Will there be a
> replacement and will the replacement included K-12 as the older
> Novelist has done.

There will not be any replacement from OPLIN, other than the
about:books page we are working on (http://oplin.org/aboutbooks). We
no longer have the resources after sustaining this year's budget cuts.

> We also wonder about the alternatives to Novelist? What are the free
> databases for searching for children's books?

Last I knew, Jay Burton at the State Library was planning to offer
some training on free alternatives to NoveList.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges, Executive Director
2323 W. 5th Avenue, Suite 130