[OPLINLIST] Email Update

Karl Jendretzky jendreka at oplin.org
Thu Apr 2 16:04:07 EDT 2009

All,
    I've made a couple changes to the OPLIN WebMail interface.

1. The max number of recipients for any one email is now 30
2. The max number of emails a single user can send through the interface
per day is 100.

An email with 15 recipients counts as 1 email towards the 100 per day
limit. I'm not looking to limit anyone's normal activity with these
traps. If you come up against an error message letting you know you hit
one of these rules, contact OPLIN Support and we will exempt you. Also
keep in mind that this only effects people using the WebMail interface.
Anyone using a client to connect directly to the mail server (Outlook,
Thunderbird, Netscape, or ILS notices) is completely unaffected.

I've also installed an additional administrative plugin to help me
determine which user account has been compromised.

I've reopened access to the web interface to the outside world. Let us
know if you have any problems.

--
Thanks,
    Karl Jendretzky