[OPLINLIST] David Giffels to speak at Heights Library Dec. 8

Nancy Levin nlevin at heightslibrary.org
Tue Dec 1 14:59:16 EST 2009

"ALL THE WAY HOME" AUTHOR TO SPEAK

            David Giffels, the Akron writer whose recent book All the
Way Home: Building a Family in a Falling-down House, was on Oprah's
"Fantastic Summer Reading List," will be the featured speaker at the
Friends of Heights Libraries' Annual Meeting on Tuesday, December 8 at
7:00 p.m. at the Lee Road Library.

            Giffels, a former Akron Beacon Journal reporter, is also the
author of Are We Not Men? We Are Devo! (SAF Publishing, 2003) and Wheels
of Fortune: The Story of Rubber in Akron (1998). He was also formerly
the head writer for MTV's "Beavis and Butt-Head" series, and he's
written for numerous other publications and has been a commentator on
National Public Radio.

            The program is open to the public and does not require
registration. The Friends are always looking for new members!  Board
officers will also be elected during the meeting. The Lee Road Library
is at 2345 Lee Rd., Cleveland Heights, Ohio. For more information, call
216-932-3600.