[OPLINLIST] Retail & Rental DVDs

Cari Dubiel cdubiel at twinsburglibrary.org
Tue Dec 1 16:28:13 EST 2009

For now, I am trying some different things to see what will work best.  In
the case where we have to wait several weeks for the retail to come out, I
am buying only a few copies of the rental edition, and if holds pile up
I'll buy a few more of the retail.  In cases where both come out at the
same time, I am buying the retail only.  We have always tried to keep just
one or two editions in circulation just because it cuts down on confusion
for patron holds (for example, we don't buy fullscreen titles) so I am
trying to monitor this situation carefully to see what will be most
popular.  I wish there was an easy way to explain the way all this works
to the public, especially those who use the catalog from home and don't
want to muck through all the MARC stuff.

--
Cari Dubiel
Reference Librarian

--
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the