[OPLINLIST] looking for information about artist/photographer

Linda Swartzel swartzli at oplin.org
Tue Dec 1 16:16:49 EST 2009

We are in need of assistance in helping a patron locate information about an
artist.

Our patron purchased a picture of a schooner on the high seas that is signed
by Amos Carr.  We do not find any references to him in our small reference
section.  Online we have found his name referred to in several postings on
genealogical message boards, but nothing definitive.  We find a reference to
him having done cover art for the magazine "Liberty Magazine" that published
from 1924 to 1950.  His work is supposed to have appeared on the January 24,
1942 issue.

That is all we have.  If you can help us out with any more information, we
would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Linda Swartzel

Linda Swartzel, Director