[OPLINLIST] Accepting debit and credit cards?

Alan Hall alanh at oplin.org
Mon Mar 2 07:18:48 EST 2009

We have been accepting plastic payments in-house and online since October
2008 using PayPal.  It started slowly, but has grown to about $ 400 per
month, increasing about 10 percent each month.

(PayPal will now accept payments from anyone, you don't have to have a
PayPal account)

We could "stike no deal" with banks, as our income is too low for them to be
interested.  There are other plastic methods out there, perhaps others can
add their experience.

It is necessary for libraries, lots of people don't carry money anymore.  It
is great for genealogists to pay the library for copying and mailing costs
from across the nation.

Alan Hall
Public Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County