[OPLINLIST] help-meeting room reservations

Mohamed Ragheb mohamed.ragheb at wadsworthlibrary.com
Wed Nov 11 15:13:03 EST 2009

Hi Sandy,

Here are the answers for your questions.

*	Do you schedule via a computer program, or an appointment book?: We
use a web-based service called EZbook. (http://www.ezbook.com/) The price
for an annual subscription is extremely reasonable -- less than $300 a year
for 10 individual calendars. We keep a calendar for each meeting room plus
for each piece of AV equipment that customers may need when using the
meeting room. EZBook works with Internet Explorer but not Firefox.
*	What amount (if any) do you charge?: We do not charge a fee to
non-profit groups using our meeting rooms. We do charge commercial/business
users. The fee is $100 for the first three hours and $35 for any hour or
portion of an hour beyond the first three. We do not pro-rate for shorter
meetings.
*	Do you bill the patrons, have them pay in advance, or pay on the day
of the meeting?: Payment is due when making the reservation, but we will
accept any time before the meeting begins.
*	Do you have a specific, dedicated staff member that takes care of
appointments?: Meeting room scheduling is handled by the marketing/public
relations coordinator.

Thanks

Mohamed A. Ragheb, M.TEC, M.C.P.
Technology Manager
Wadsworth Public Library
132 Broad Street
Wadsworth, OH 44281-1897
Phone: 330-335-2600
Fax: 330-334-6605
http://www.wadsworthlibrary.com

We were wondering how other libraries take care of scheduling meeting
(community) rooms.

*         Do you schedule via a computer program, or an appointment book?

*         What amount (if any) do you charge?

*         Do you bill the patrons, have them pay in advance, or pay on the
day of the meeting?

*         Do you have a specific, dedicated staff member that takes care of
appointments?

If there's any other ideas or methods that you use, I'd appreciate the
feedback!

Sandy Thaxton
MLJ-Hardin County District Library
Kenton, OH 43326