[OPLINLIST] laptops in libraries

neeperro@oplin.org neeperro at oplin.org
Fri Nov 20 19:53:57 EST 2009

We have 9 laptops to circulate for inside library use only.
They (and mice) have barcodes, to allow checking them out.

They are stored in an easily reached, locked file cabinet located in the
office behind the CIRC area.

We also use them for certain classes.

Some items installed are:
Spybot, antivirus, Open Office, Legacy7 Genealogy, Adobe Reader, Java,
Flash,etc.
A printer driver pointing to a Dell B/W printer on the wired side of the
wireless network.
Deepfreeze to keep them pristine.

The printer is located in a central area.

As the wireless goes through IPcop/DansGuardian, no other CIPA S/W is used.
They do NOT 'see' the internal network.

The Library Use Policy  must be acknowledged (via ZoneCD) before the
internet will connect.

Patrons may also use their own laptops.
We have printer setup instructions on a web page.

Works well, for us.

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901