[OPLINLIST] Convenience fee for looking up a card number

Gerry Vogel gvogel at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Wed Jul 14 13:59:33 EDT 2010

We require card #s and pins for self-signup, and we will look up both if
they can prove who they are 9some other form of ID.  Its easy to look up a
PIN if they have the card, but we are not giving a PIN to someone if it is
not THEM.  Otherwise, here's a guest pass.

The advantages of having a card?  You have the same # all the time, you
don't have to ask us for a guest pass, you can carry a balance on your print
account, you get MORE TIME (4 hrs total anytime during the day vs. up to 1
hr once).

--
Gerry Vogel, MLIS
Assistant Director, Avon Lake Public Library

*any opinions expressed are my own and not (necessarily, or yet) those of
ALPL*

Join OHIO :  http://sites.google.com/a/avonlake.lib.oh.us/ohio/