[OPLINLIST] Couponing program

kwoods@twinsburglibrary.org kwoods at twinsburglibrary.org
Wed Jul 21 11:50:49 EDT 2010

The Twinsburg Public Library hosted a very successful program yesterday,
and I'd like to share the information, since it is a topic that is of
interest to many of our customers in these days when we have to choose
carefully how to spend our limited programming dollars.

Sara and Lisa Steigerwald, who call themselves "Sisters Shopping on a
Shoestring" presented a 75 minute workshop on saving through couponing and
shopping deals.  The program attracted many people not usually seen at the
library--one lady told me she had come from Canton.  We closed off
registration at 100.  The speakers used Powerpoint and a table full of
visual aids. Their first demonstration was to present me with a shopping
bag of seven full-size personal care products that they had purchased for
a total of about 19 cents, after couponing.  Response to the program was
unanimously positive, the negative comments being pretty much confined to
"should be longer" and "more..."

In addition to a good program, the Steigerwalds were very easy to work
with, flexible and responsive.  If interested, call me for more info or
check them out on their website at www.sistersshoppingonashoestring.com

--
Karen Woods, Adult Services
Twinsburg Public Library

--
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the