[OPLINLIST] Meeting Room Fee

Nancy Levin nlevin at heightslibrary.org
Wed Jul 21 15:41:57 EDT 2010

Nancy S. Levin

Director

Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library

2345 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118

216-932-3600 ext. 240

nlevin at heightslibrary.org              www.heightslibrary.org

Here are our meeting room guidelines including fees:

*	All Meeting Room Requests must be made online or in person at
least two weeks in advance. Rooms can be reserved up to six months in
advance.
*	Applications are pending until approved by the library.  Please
allow 4 - 7 days for approval.
*	Decisions on meeting room use are subject to review by the Board
of Library Trustees. Library programs take precedence over all other
scheduled meeting room events.

*	Library meeting rooms will be made available once per month at
no charge to all non-profit 501(c) (3), ministerial organizations, or
school-related organizations, chapters, divisions or branches there-of.
*	For rooms being provided at no charge, all meetings must be free
and open to the public.
*	Non-profit 501(c) (3) groups can make additional reservations,
in excess of one per month, for a charge of $30 per hour.
*	The use of rooms for a social purpose (birthday parties, wedding
showers, family reunions, etc.) will be allowed for a fee of $30 per
hour.
*	For-profit groups may request a room for events that are not
commercial in nature for a fee of $30 per hour
*	Groups paying for a library meeting room may charge a reasonable
fee to recover the costs of materials, handouts, craft-making supplies,
refreshments, etc. Ten percent of the proceeds of anything collected as
part of a Meeting Room program must be donated to the Friends of the
Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library.

*	All fees are due two weeks before the event. Fees will be
returned only if cancellation is received at least 48 hours prior to
event. Failure to provide 48-hour cancellation notice will result in a
$30 charge.
*	Meeting Room payments can be dropped off at any of our Heights
Libraries or mailed to:

Heights Libraries
Attn:  Meeting Rooms
2345 Lee Road
Cleveland Heights, OH  44118

*	All meeting room activities must comply with our Code of Conduct
and not cause a disturbance for others using the library.
*	Rooms and kitchenette must be left neat and clean.  Tables and
chairs may be moved to fit the user's needs, but must be returned to the
original arrangement when done.  Failure to do so will result in
additional charges and/or loss of room reservation privileges.
*	Applicants for room use must be 21 years of age and must be
present to supervise all minor groups.  Do not leave children
unattended.
*	The library assumes no responsibility for personal belongings.
*	The use of the meeting rooms by non-library groups shall not be
publicized in such a way as to imply library sponsorship.
*	The library reserves the right to close in the event of an
emergency and will refund all fees.
*	No alcoholic beverages or smoking is allowed anywhere in the
library.