[OPLINLIST] Scanning for the Public

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Thu Jul 29 13:26:04 EDT 2010

Jan 2008 we put a donated scanner on a DeepFreezed XP PC for Patron use.
The scanner buttons do not function.

Installed Picasa for the scanning s/w.

Instructions are:
Use the “Picasa2 Scanner” desktop icon to run Picasa.
Click “Import” then “Select Device” to begin.

It is not used very much but works.

The patron can email it via Hotmail, gmail, etc., save it to a USB stick, CD-rom etc.
We do not charge to scan and staff is available to help, if needed.

We also have other scanners in staff areas.

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901