[OPLINLIST] What do learn about Office 2010? WebJunction Ohio has new courses that you will want to check out!

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Wed Nov 10 10:09:49 EST 2010

Please excuse multiple postings...

If you haven't checked out WebJunction Ohio recently it's a good time to
see what you've been missing...

Upgrading to Office 2010? Is your library thinking about moving from
Office 2007 to 2010? We've got the course for you on WebJunction Ohio.
Explore key new features and enhancements in the 2010 releases of Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Topics covered include Office Backstage,
Live Preview Paste, Sparklines, Slicers, graphic and video creation and
editing tools, PowerPoint Broadcast Service, screenshot capture and
clipping tools, Web Apps and Office Mobile. The Office 2010: New Core
Features
<http://oh.webjunction.org/catalog/-/courses/details/108373093?_OCLC_COU
RSES_redirectName=Microsoft+Office+%28general%29&_OCLC_COURSES_redirect=
%2Fcatalog%3Fp_p_id%3DOCLC_COURSE_CATALOG%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_stat
e%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26p_p_col_id>  course is sure to save time
and eliminate confusion as you make the switch.  YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN
AS AN OHIO AFFILIATED MEMBER, and on the Ohio Course Catalog page IN
ORDER TO ENROLL IN THE COURSE FOR NO FEE. **If you see a price next to
the course you are not logged in as an Ohio member. Click here
<http://bit.ly/9LStc6>  to see all of the Microsoft Office courses in
the Ohio course catalog.

WebJunction Ohio (http://oh.webjunction.org <http://oh.webjunction.org/>
) is an online community for library (and library related organizations)
staff to learn, share ideas and work together to improve services in all
types of libraries throughout the state. WebJunction Ohio members are
encouraged to participate in social networking, continuing education
trainings and courses, and contribute content, articles, and resources
for downloading (i.e. handouts, PowerPoints...). **All you need to do is
to register with an Ohio affiliated membership. It's easy to do and it's
free! Go to the member center to see the User Guide
<http://oh.webjunction.org/member-guides> . The User Guide provides
details on how to set up your member profile, affiliate with Ohio,
enroll in courses, contribute content to the site, and more.

There are valuable resources throughout WebJunction Ohio, including the
vast catalog of self-paced courses available at no charge to Ohio
affiliated members.  WebJunction Central brings together a wide range of
resources, trainings, and information available to all members. The
WebJunction Competency Index can be found under the Competencies tab on
the Course Catalog page. The competencies help serve as a pathfinder to
courses and content that address knowledge, skills, and abilities
associated with specific areas of librarianship.

The Ohio Center is where you will find content specific to Ohio
including E-Rate, Ohio Summer Reading Program, and Choose to Read Ohio.

Note: Ohio affiliations must be approved before you can enroll in a
course for free. I receive notifications about pending requests once a
day. I review the requests each weekday morning when I'm in the office
(M-F 8-4:30). If the email address does not reflect a library or library
organization name, I will send an email asking where you work.  The
State Library will be closed on Veterans Day.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Marsha

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney

Marketing & Communications Director

274 E. 1st Avenue

Columbus, OH 43201

Tel: 614-644-6875

Fax: 614-466-3584

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

 <http://www.facebook.com/people/StateLibraryof-Ohio/100000063363765>

Share Your Story at
http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story
<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story>
Tell us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your
library.