[OPLINLIST] Telephones

Amy Garrett garretam at oplin.org
Wed Oct 6 10:06:38 EDT 2010

Hi All,
Thank-you to those who responded to my telephone question from a couple of
weeks ago. Here is a compiled response:

Cleveland Heights currently has Avaya, but would go with Cisco if they did
this again.

Cuyahoga Falls dealt with a vendor called Tele-Solutions and put in a
system called Intertel (now Mitel) 3 years ago.

Norwalk has a system called ESI.

We met with a telephone consultant yesterday and are going with NEC for
our phones. Our consultant said the 3 big manufacturers (and best) for
phones are NEC, Avaya and Cisco. The NEC phone does everything we need it
to, plus a bit more (great for growth). Plus it has a shelf life of 20-25
years. Our current phones are WIN. We got them 13 years ago and while they
were good phones for about the first 10 years, we have had several
problems with them during the last few -- including buttons going bad.

Thanks again for your help!
Amy

Amy Garrett
Head of Reference
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
3512 Darrow Rd.
Stow, OH 44224
(330) 688-3295

"If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of the institution."