[OPLINLIST] NOTSL Fall 2010 Meeting announcement, November 19, 2010, Parma, Ohio--Registration is open!

O'Neil,Rosanna oneilr at oclc.org
Sun Oct 10 22:41:59 EDT 2010

This announcement has been posted to multiple lists.  Please forgive any
duplication.

Topic:  The Wild, Wild (Mid)West of E-Books

Northern Ohio Technical Services Librarians is pleased to present a
program on issues associated with e-books.   Whether one is selecting,
purchasing, cataloging, or providing access to these materials, they
present issues different from their print counterparts.  Our keynote
speaker, Sue Polanka, author of No Shelf Required: E-Books in Libraries
will discuss opportuntities and challenges associated with e-books,
including eBook formats, access to and use of eBook content, eBook
readers, digital textbooks, and future directions for eBooks.  Nicole
Merriman of the State Library of Ohio will join us through distance
technology and share information about the Ohio E-Book Project.  The
afternoon will conclude with Jeff Trimble of Youngstown State University
discussing the technical services aspects of managing OhioLINK's e-book
collection.  We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!

Date:  November 19, 2010

Registration and light refreshments: 9:00a.m. - 9:30a.m.

Time:  9:30a.m. - 3:45p.m.

Location:  Cuyahoga County Public Administration Building

2111 Snow Road, Parma, Ohio 44134

The attached registration form is also available at http://www.notsl.org
<http://www.notsl.org/>