[OPLINLIST] Library Card App

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu Feb 3 15:13:57 EST 2011

Hopefully someone else can give you some first-hand experience, but
fwiw, I do seem to recall that when these apps first hit the media, it
was reported that it seemed to be hit or miss as to whether or not the
system worked. The issue in this case seemed to be related to the
scanners that were being used. Some work; some don't. Frankly, I was
somewhat surprised that it worked at all with any scanner considering
that scanners are designed to work from light reflected off a printed
material (ie. paper), not light projected/reflected from a displayed
image. I do wish sometimes that I could scan a barcode displayed on my
LCD. That would come in useful occasionally in my workflow. (Tried it;
doesn't work with my laser barcode scanner and my "standard-issue" Acer
LCD. :-) )

*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/