[OPLINLIST] Library Card App

Jimmie Epling JEpling at wcpl.info
Fri Feb 4 10:54:08 EST 2011

About a year ago, I discovered CardStar and also thought it a great idea for libraries.  What I discovered is it will not work with all scanners, regardless of what I did..  For whatever reason, some scanners will not recognize the barcodes.  Out of about 10 different libraries I tried, I only got two to actually recognize the barcode.
I've tried it with a few business rewards cards and have not been successful for the most part.
CardStar is a great idea, but has its limitations.

Jimmie

Jimmie Epling
Director
Wayne County Public Library
304 N. Market Street / P.O. Box 1349
Wooster, OH 44691
O: 330.262.0986 / 330.804.4702  Ext. 7022
C: 606.923.1576
jepling at wcpl.info<mailto:jepling at wcpl.info>

"A different world cannot be built by indifferent people."