[OPLINLIST] Library Card App

Matthew Dyer mdyer at library.ohio.gov
Mon Feb 7 10:09:30 EST 2011

	Scanning varies depending upon the the scanner type and the
mobile device. In general, an imaging (CCD) scanner will always read a
barcode from your screen, but a laser scanner may or may not.

	On some devices (iPhone and iPod touch prior to fourth gen, and
some Android devices) CardStar's SyncScan(tm) advanced system for
rendering barcodes allows for successful scanning with many models of
handheld laser scanning guns as long as our tips for laser scanning are
followed (see below). On other devices, including BlackBerry, Windows
Phone 7 and Symbian, an imaging scanner is required to read the barcode
from the screen.
	(From http://www.mycardstar.com/support.html)

I have the app and love it.  I am always excited when a merchant's
scanning equipment can actually read my barcode, because it doesn't
happen all that often.  Seems like newer stores with newer equipment are
able to read it without much fuss.

--
Matthew R. Dyer
 Head, Employee Services

What's your STORY?  Tell us how the State Library has helped you at
http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story
<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story>