[OPLINLIST] WiFi 24/7

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Feb 18 18:41:55 EST 2011

All of the libraries I work with leave their WiFi on 24/7. In fact, I've
been told several times from several different libraries that patrons
have come in to specifically to thank them for having the WiFi available
during off-hours. For their own reasons, some of the patrons are
stopping at the library parking lot early before they go to work or late
at night on the way home just to use the wireless. I'd suggest leaving
it on; it's another way to reach out to your community, possibly even to
those people that don't otherwise tend to come into the building. This
could be especially true if you have an Acceptable Use page that is
displayed and must be accepted before the wireless user can go off and
browse the net. It reminds them that they are using a service provided
for free by your library. Maybe they'll remember that next time they
vote.   :-)

2 cents,
Chad

*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/