[OPLINLIST] CD and DVD vendor recommendations?

Michael Vollmar-Grone vollmami at oplin.org
Fri Jun 17 09:18:02 EDT 2011

Overwhelmingly, the list members recommend Midwest Tapes for purchasing
CDs and DVDs.

Others mentions include the company that acquired Edge - Alliance
Entertainment, as well as Waxworks and Amazon. I visit my local Wal-Mart
from time-to-time.
https://webami.aent.com
http://www.waxworksonline.com/
http://www.amazon.com/

For pricing and fulfillment, I compared the last 2 of my Edge orders and
found:

Music Compact Discs:
Alliance has pricing similar to Edge with about 96% fulfillment.
Wal Mart is about 7% cheaper but very limited selection, maybe 50%.
Midwest  had 100% fill but prices were about 22% higher.

Theatrical DVDs only:
Alliance had similar prices to Edge with a fill rate of around 95%.
Wal-Mart was about 16% lower with a fill rate of 90%.
Again Midwest  had 100% fill but prices were about 9% higher than Edge.

My experience dealing with Midwest for nearly 20 years is that their
service is number one but it's paid for with higher prices. Their online
tools and fulfillment rate may offset the greater title costs. That's
what I'm currently trying to ascertain for our situation. Yours may vary.

Thanks to all.
Mike

Good morning,
We are also thinking about what we will do with Edge having been bought
out.
Would you be willing to share your responses?
Thanks.
Joe

Joseph Knueven
Director