[OPLINLIST] Flat Screen Digital Signage

Mohamed A. Ragheb mohamed.ragheb at wadsworthlibrary.com
Tue Nov 15 10:56:37 EST 2011

Hello Susan,

We have purchased and installed 2 SONY EX523 46" LED TV for the same
purpose, I selected this particular model for many reasons which i will
highlight down below, it's not just a TV to display slides but it is a
nice toy you can use it for many purposes, i thought this will be a good
choice since it have all we need plus some other features which we can
utilize in the near future.

  * It have Built in Wi-Fi makes it easy to configure and change the
    slides anytime from your desk over the network.
  * It have media sharing capabilities.
  * it's internet TV so you can browse the internet or switch the TV to
    a specific website page if you need to highlight a certain event on
    your website or on the web in general at a certain time.
  * it have Skype application which you can utilize for Video
    conferencing " you need to purchase a camera and a mic if interested
    of using this feature".

The way we have it configured , we created a network shared folder for
the slides which is accessible by the staff member in charge of changing
the slides, we created a web page to pull all these slides and run a
slide show, both TV's connected to the internet through our Wi-Fi and
display this web page and run the slide show, we use the same slides
from this network shared folder to run a screen saver on our OPAC
computers "Online Public Access Catalog while it's not in use as well as
other Digital picture frames around the library.

I hope that helps,
Thanks

Mohamed A. Ragheb, M.TEC, M.C.P.
Technology Manager