[OPLINLIST] Juvenile Privilages and Parent Usage

Lynn Pauley pauleyly at oplin.org
Mon Nov 21 17:47:16 EST 2011

Our policy states that patrons must be 18 years of age or older to borrow DVDs.
Our policy also states that patrons may not use another patron's library card to check out materials -- however, parents using their kids' card does happen -- usually we catch it when the Mom tries to use her son's card or Dad his daughter's card. If not to busy at circ, sometimes we can catch it by looking at the birthdate and calculating real fast and realizing that the person is too old for the card.

Lynn Pauley
Reference Associate / Adult Programming Associate
Dr. Samuel L. Bossard Memorial Library
7 Spruce Street
Gallipolis, OH 45631
(740)446-7323
pauleyly at oplin.org

How many libraries allow juveniles to check out movies on their cards?  Also, how many libraries allow parents to use their juvenile's card?  Thanks in advance!!

James Nagy
Circulation Services Manager
Massillon Public Library