[OPLINLIST] Juvenile Privilages and Parent Usage

Lori Shafer lorishafer at briggslibrary.org
Tue Nov 22 09:17:52 EST 2011

Juveniles are allowed to check out any dvd on their card except R-rated
ones. We did place warnings on Non-rated items to warn patrons they may
contain graphic material.

We do allows parents to check out on their child's card. In reality, the
parents are responsible for any fines or fees attached to the card, so they
should be able to control what is on it. However, we do require parents to
have a card of their own before getting a card for their child. Plus, we
require all cards within the family to be in good standing before anyone
can check out. This prevents parents who have large fines from racking up
large fines on their children's card as well.

Lori Shafer
Adult Services Librarian
Briggs Lawrence County Public Library
321 South 4th Street