[OPLINLIST] Needed: Preservation policies Deadline extended to November 11

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Mon Oct 31 16:49:09 EDT 2011

Please excuse multiple postings...

Sent on behalf of Missy Lodge

The Connecting to Collections planning team (State Library of Ohio, Ohio
Museums Association, and Ohio Historical Society) are developing a
website which will highlight the best preservation practices in the
state and will serve as models for other organizations in the process of
developing or revising their policies We have received several
submissions but we would like additional examples and have extended the
deadline to November 11, 2011.

.  Please submit your policies in these areas for inclusion on the
website:

*        Mission Statements which recognize the importance of
preservation

*        Strategic Plans which include preservation activities

*        Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Plans

*        Environmental Control Policies, including information about
"going green"

*        Security Plans or Policies

*        Exhibit Policies which deal with preservation of the exhibited
materials

We are looking for excellent examples from all types of cultural
heritage organizations - libraries, archives, historical societies and
museums of all sizes.

Please submit links or Word copies of these policies to Missy Lodge,
State Library of Ohio, for consideration. The State Library and a
Project Advisory Group will select sample policies for each area of
preservation practice mentioned above for the project website.
Policies should be submitted to MLODGE at library.ohio.gov by November 11,
2011.

The Connecting to Collections project partners are proud of the
preservation programs in Ohio's cultural heritage institutions, and want
to spotlight best practices so that other organizations in the state and
across the country can learn from our good practices!