[OPLINLIST] Library Mascots

Tami Mullins mullinta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:33:50 EDT 2011

*Good Evening.

I have a couple of quick questions for those of you who may have a library
mascot.  Ours just came into the picture by way of a grant this year.  He's
a beautiful Library Lion and his name is Roary.  He's an excellent addition
to the Library and we're working on him becoming quite the celebrity in our
small community.

1.  I do not want Roary talking. In what ways does your mascot "communicate"
with people who meet him or her?  For example, does it do a special dance,
have a secret handshake or head nod..etc.

2.  Does your mascot hand things out to children or adults?  We've tried a
bookmark, but there's so little dexterity ability and range of vision, it's
really difficult for Roary to hand out bookmarks.

3.  Does your mascot have a special song or special event centered around it
and your Library?

4.  Do you have any other hints or tips you can pass on?

I'm lucky to have a young man who does a splendid job at wearing the
costume.  Coming up with neat ideas on making the mascot a bit more
interactive would be helpful to us.

Thank you!

Tami Mullins
PR Associate/Webmaster
Grafton-Midview Public Library
983 Main Street
Grafton, OH  44044
440-926-3317
www.graftonpl.lib.oh.us
GMPL...Opening Your Window to the World.
*