[OPLINLIST] Workshop for schools/teachers/etc. on library behavior...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 17:00:10 EDT 2011

 Everyone,

We have had several unforunately incidents lately involving library property (spitting in elevators and feces smeared on a bathroom wall for starters), bullying, and all-around behavior that is not becoming in the library.  We (our Young Adult librarian and I) are toying with the idea of putting together a horse and pony show to either present to the school(s) and kids or to teacher in-service on how to behave in the library...but also what we have to offer in the way of positive stuff as well.

Has anyone out there done anything similar so that we do not have to reinvent the wheel in coming up with ideas or presentations?  Would love to hear what others out there have done, as I am sure that this is not an isolated problem.

TIA!

Barbara Scott, Children's Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library
200 East Mansfield Street
Bucyrus, OH  44820
419-562-7327 x 104
www.childrensprogramming.blogspot.com
Author of 1,000 Fingerplays and Action Rhymes:  A Sourcebook and DVD
www.neal-schuman.com/far
Coming in 2012:  Ready-To-Go Holiday Storytimes
www.neal-schuman.com/rtghs