[OPLINLIST] Invitation: OCLC event in Independence, OH on "Libraries and Patrons at Webscale" 24 Feb 9am-noon - Free

Kouretas,Daphne kouretad at oclc.org
Thu Feb 16 15:34:08 EST 2012

Apologies for cross-posting: we still have space at this free, half-day
OCLC Members' Event next Friday, 24 Feb, at Cuyahoga County PL -
Independence branch:

Libraries and Patrons at Webscale: the Future is Now!

Join us for this informal and interactive workshop to examine the impact
of the Web on our rapidly changing information landscape. In this
quick-fire session we'll share highlights from OCLC's research on
today's increasingly empowered information consumer, and we'll present
ideas from technology thought leaders. We'll explore our own experiences
and interpretations of OCLC's data and compare notes about what this
means for library technology, services, and outreach in Ohio. Together
we'll consider: what's tomorrow's information consumer thinking about,
today? How do library patrons interact when information lives at
Webscale, served up by GAFA (Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon)? How do
libraries take their rightful place at Webscale? How then can libraries
pursue meaningful innovation?