[OPLINLIST] Hunger Games map help

Karalea Lane gawref2 at oplin.org
Tue Mar 6 13:52:16 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm planning a Hunger Games competition in the library. I'd like to have
a map pf Panem (the country in the book)  so every one can see the
location of each district. Maybe have a matching game (what district
makes each product) to keep the "dead" kids entertained until the feast
and the announcement of the winner. The confusing problem? No map of
Panem that I have found is the same.

  They (mostly) put  southern Ohio in district 12, but the location of
the capitol changes and the rest of Ohio isn't consistent.  Part of
doing this is to have the story relate to the kids and see how our world
fits in Katniss'.  It is a game and just in fun, but someone may see it
as the truth because it came from the library. Here are three options:

http://www.hungergamestrilogy.net/2011/01/updated-map-of-panem/

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13700000/Hunger-Games-Map-of-Panem-the-hunger-game-trilogy-13703262-1024-714.jpg

http://hungergamesmovie.org/8731/the-most-well-researched-map-of-panem/

Asking friends resulted in a debate. Which map is anyone else using?
Maybe we can all use the same one.

Karalea Lane
Reference Clerk
Garnet A. Wilson Public Library of Pike County
Waverly, Ohio
740/497-4921