[OPLINLIST] Library Card Numbers

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Mar 28 10:17:13 EDT 2012

> One question we haven’t been able to
> answer yet is whether or not we would like to randomize the numbers. Do
> others randomize the card numbers or are they issued in numerical order?

We buy pre-printed library cards with number in sequential order. We
don't take care to issue them in any particular order.

Do some libraries really randomize card numbers? Unless each batch of
cards had number randomized within a particular range how would you
keep track of what numbers you had already printed?

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries