[OPLINLIST] (no subject)

Robin H. newsalemfarm at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 09:59:42 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Last night, our local Health Department sent someone over to do a program on Bed Bugs. (Sadly, it was not well attended, though we have had requests for literature.) I spent some time talking with her while we waited - and am now pretty "icked out".

I have heard that some libraries are now passing their book drops and ILLs through a heater that eliminates the possibility of bringing in the pests with library materials. We haven't had a problem yet at our library, but I would love to have the manufacturer's info on file.

Do any of you use a bed bug heater for your incoming items? If so, can you please share where you purchased it and how you feel about its effectiveness? I know the bugs could still enter in backpacks and such...

Thank you very much!
Robin