[OPLINLIST] ESL Classes

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:03:04 EDT 2012

Hello all:
We have quite a few families moving into Paulding County from Mexico.
English is not their first language, but they are anxious to learn. We have
checked all local schools, job centers, etc. and cannot find classes. These
families do not want to have to travel far for the classes.

I see this as a need in our county and would like to start offering
classes. But, I need some guidance. How do we find an instructor? Is it
possible to use online tools in a classroom setting without an instructor?
How have other rural libraries addressed this need?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Susan
Susan Hill Pieper, M.S.L.S.
Director/Editor