[OPLINLIST] Catholic Christian Fiction

msnyder msnyder at louisvillelibrary.org
Wed Sep 26 19:03:20 EDT 2012

Hi Clint:

I am sending this to the entire list because there is an excellent writer
that more novel-loving librarians should know about it.

The recently deceased Jon Hassler wrote many wonderful novels set in the
mostly Catholic area of central Minnesota.  He wrote several superb novels
that featured an 84-year old protagonist (and retired teacher) named Agatha
McGee, who, among other things, wages a merry combat with the local Bishop
in "A Green Journey."  The sequel to this novel is "Dear James."

Mr. Hassler tells a good story and his characters are as real as the person
next door.

Enjoy!

Mike Snyder
Louisville OH Public Library