[OPLINLIST] Support Staff Symposium and Great October Events

SWON Info info at swonlibraries.org
Fri Sep 28 16:07:02 EDT 2012

is right around the corner! Wouldn't it be great if we could learn what people are talking about and we could show them "their" library is where they can go to learn more!

This is the place to come and get a few tips to help them in the right direction.

Hurry if you haven't reserved you spot! We are almost booked and you don't want to miss out on all the fun we have planned. To begin we will have a hot breakfast and get great ideas from guest speaker Susan Schlag, author of "It's All About Persuasion...Surely You Agree!" on how to use simple frameworks to profile an audience and organize content; and then create a communications plan to deliver desire results.

I almost forgot about Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. You know we have to have social media as a part of the library, to get them to come through the doors, whether they are the big glass doors on the buildings, the app on their cell phones, or the links on their tablets or computers. We want people to be informed about the library and all it has to offer.

We are excited to communicate all of the wonderful things adults and children can learn and accomplish at their local library. We want them to be as excited about the library as we are. So lets get communicating about all of the wonderful things the library offers.

Registration is Open for:

Support Staff Symposium: Convincing Communications--October 17, 2012

Ohio Kentucky Indiana Children's Literature Conference --November 3, 2012

Criss Cross Applesauce: Making Multiage (newborn to age 5) Storytimes the Best They Can Be -- November 12th & 13th

Lunch, Learn, and Membership Meeting -- November 28, 2012

September & October Events

Event 	Date 	Location
Friends of the Public Library 2012 Used Book Sale 	9/27/12 -- 9/29/12

	Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Harrison Branch
Increasing Collaboration in Your Workplace 	10/2/12 	On line

Gossip and Rumors: Keeping the Rumor Mill from Milling Your Nerves 	10/4/12 	On line

All Day-"Kentucky Council on Archives Fall Meeting" 	10/5/12 	Campbellsville University
ELS Meeting (SIG) 	10/5/12 	North College Hill Branch

Columbus Day 	10/8/12 	SWON Office Closed
Social Networking 	10/8/12 	Boone County Public Library Main Branch
Gen-Blending: Managing the Generations of the 21st Century 	10/9/12 	On line
Executive Board Meeting 	10/10/12 	SWON Meeting Room
E-Mail Etiquette for the Super-Busy! 	10/11/12 	On line
CLEAR (Children's Literature Evaluation and Review) SIG 	10/11/12 	Campbell County Public Library Newport Branch
CLEAR (Children's Literature Evaluation and Review) SIG 	10/12/12 	SWON Meeting Room
SWONtech News Archive Access 	10/16/12 	On line
Just Call Me a Weekday Warrior! 	10/16/12 	On line
Support Staff Symposium 	10/17/12 	Boone County Public Library Main Branch
A Tune-Up for Managing Your Career! 	10/18/12 	On line
If You Want Something Done Right: Prioritize and Delegate Pt 1 	10/23/12 	On line
Readers Advisory SIG 	10/23/12 	SWON Meeting Room
If You Want Something Done Right: Prioritize and Delegate Pt 2 	10/25/12 	On line
ALAO 38th Annual Conference 	10/26/12 	Roberts Centre, Wilmington, OH
Outreach Meeting SIG 	10/26/12 	Boone County Public Library Main Branch
Are You Listening? 	10/30/12 	On line

Come check us out on our calendar (http://tiny.cc/SWON-Calendar), our website (swonlibraries.org), our Facebook Page (SWON Libraries) and on Twitter at SWONtech. Tell us what you think and what you would like to see more from us.

Dorothy A Sinclair
Office Manager
SWON Libraries Consortium
10250 Alliance Rd