[OPLINLIST] When do you get to practice?

SWON Info info at swonlibraries.org
Wed Aug 21 14:37:26 EDT 2013

Hearing a talk about social media or watching an online tutorial can be
helpful, but nothing takes the place of trying something out yourself.
That’s what SWON’s Level-Up Labs offer: useful information, and time and
the tools to put it into practice.

There’s also time to ask questions. Judging from the response we’ve had,
that’s one of the most useful parts of the Lab. Whether it’s a technical
solution, an explanation, a quick walkthrough, or feedback from others
in the room, you can get the help you’re looking for.

Our upcoming Level-Up Lab schedule includes sessions for LinkedIn,
Evernote, LibGuides, and Publisher. And others like Powerpoint and Basic
HTML are in the wings, waiting to be requested and put on the schedule.
You can see the full list of scheduled Level-Up Labs here:
http://tiny.cc/lab-schedule

If you can’t make these dates, why not invite Nathan out to hold a
1-hour Lab at your location? I don’t teach all the Labs, but if there
are skills you’d like to improve, tell me what you’d like to work on and
I’ll see if it’s something I know enough or can learn enough about to
teach. You can contact me at nathan at swonlibraries.org
<mailto:nathan at swonlibraries.org>.

    The next Level-Up Lab: LinkedIn

Come to SWON’s office in Blue Ash on September 12th, from 10 a.m. to
noon, to take your LinkedIn profile to the next level. Melanie will help
you complete your profile (and tell you why it’s worth completing) and
help you make progress using LinkedIn’s other features. Attendance is
free for Supporting Members, so click here to register:
http://tiny.cc/linkedin-lab.

Connect to SWON online: Website <http://www.swonlibraries.org/> :
Calendar <http://oh.evanced.info/swon/lib/eventcalendar.asp> : Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/SWONLibraries?sk=wall> : Twitter
<http://twitter.com/swonlibraries>
Calendar excerpts from the next two weeks. (Please register for online
classes at least two days before they take place.)

  * *Emerging Technology in Libraries, Part 3
    <http://oh.evanced.info/swon/lib/eventsignup.asp?ID=592>* -
    (8/22/2013) - Online
  * *SWON Executive Board Meeting
    <http://oh.evanced.info/swon/lib/eventsignup.asp?ID=611>* -
    (8/23/2013) - SWON Conference Room
  * *Improved Critical Thinking Through Asking Better Questions
    <http://oh.evanced.info/swon/lib/eventsignup.asp?ID=593>* -
    (8/27/2013) - Online
  * *Plug Into the Power of Connection
    <http://oh.evanced.info/swon/lib/eventsignup.asp?ID=594>* -
    (8/29/2013) - Online
  * *[SWON Office Closed for Labor Day]* - (9/2/2013)
  * *Getting to the Finish Line: Achieving Your Goals for 2013
    <http://oh.evanced.info/swon/lib/eventsignup.asp?ID=601>* -
    (9/3/2013) - Online

SWON Libraries - http://www.swonlibraries.org
10250 Alliance Road, Suite 225
Blue Ash, OH 45242
phone (513) 751-4422 - fax (513) 751-0463