[OPLINLIST] Night Before Christmas version...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 15:53:08 EST 2013

Is anyone out there familiar with a version of The Night Before Christmas that is done one illustration to a page?  In other words, illustrations that don't cross the center of the book.

I am looking for such a version to use as part of a program we want to start with our local parks district called "Story Walk".  I have a list of books, but am looking for a version of TNBC to be used as a possible downtown program during our Candlelight Christmas celebration.  If all else fails, I did think that Morris's Disappearing Bag might make a cute read.

The reason the illustration can't necessarily cross the center line of the book is that we will be buying the books, "de-constructing" them, adhering the individual pages to card stock or construction paper, and laminating them.  This will require purchase of multiple (3) copies of each title.

I've looked thru what versions we have in our collection, and I am not coming up with anything.  Jan Brett's version is beautiful, but not practical.

TIA!!

Barbara Scott, Children's Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library
200 East Mansfield Street
Bucyrus, OH  44820
419-562-7327 x 104
http://www.childrensprogramming.blogspot.com/
Author of 1,000 Fingerplays and Action Rhymes:  A Sourcebook and DVD
www.neal-schuman.com/far
JUST PUBLISHED!!!:  The Holiday Handbook:  700+ Storytime Activities...
www.neal-schuman.com/rtghs