[OPLINLIST] Need a meeting space? Use SWON's

Dorothy Sinclair dorothy at swonlibraries.org
Thu Feb 28 16:31:08 EST 2013

Maybe you're a Special Interest Group that needs a place to get together. Maybe your staff members need a quiet room that's free of distractions (i.e. off-site). Maybe we can help.

Our conference room seats 12 people comfortably and has internet access (SWON's WiFi) and a white board that doubles as a digital projector screen. Our lab of 12 laptops and a digital projector are also available at a reasonable cost, but the room and WiFi are free for Supporting and Geographic Members.

We know how valuable a great meeting space has been for us. If you're planning a meeting and need a change of venue, give us a call and we'll see if our setup can meet your needs.

Time is running out to enter SWON's New Library Story Contest . When I tell people what libraries are doing today, they're always surprised and interested. They thought they knew what libraries did, but today's libraries offer so much more than they did 10 years ago.

A story is a great way to get this message across. Through a story you can offer more than list of services. You can tell what people are able to achieve with the help of their library. Telling a story that moves people and lasts less than a minute is a real challenge. We need your help!

Send in your story idea by March 15th. Our panel of judges will choose the most compelling, original and accessible idea. We'll give the winner $250 and will turn your story into a short video you can share with your patrons. Enter today!

Come check us out on our calendar at http://tiny.cc/SWON-Calendar

Website, swonlibraries.org

Facebook Page SWON Libraries

Twitter at SWONlibraries

Tell us what you think and what you would like to see more from us.

Save the Date:

Spring Support Staff Symposium, May 21st

March 2013 Event 	Date 	Location
ELS (SIG) Meeting 	3/1/2013 	Steely Library - NKU
Nasty Negatives and Peacekeeping Positives
Simple Ways TO Communicate More Effectively
	3/5/2013 	On line
Summer Reading Workshop East 	3/6/2013 	Clermont Co. Public Libray - Union TWP. Branch
PLAPPN (SIG) Meeting:
Public Library Adult Program Planners Network
	3/6/2013 	Boone Co. KY Public Library - Main
More Tips & Tricks for Kindle Users 	3/7/2013 	On line
Support Staff Committee Meeting 	3/7/2013 	SWON Libraries Office Conference Room

Contact Information:
SWON Libraries Consortium
10250 Alliance Dr.
Suite 225