[OPLINLIST] Obituary Indexes

r young roger at wcplib.lib.oh.us
Fri Jan 25 08:53:54 EST 2013

You haven't heard of the Rutherford B. Hayes obituary index?   Many
libraries contribute their info to the index.  Even we here at Washington
County, about 240 miles away from RBHayes.  Those using the resource can
find whether our library has an obit for Joe Blow.  If we have it, the
patron can cite the source paper, along with date, page and column from the
Hayes index, and order a copy from us.  An additional benefit is that, while
they  might think our local paper would have the obit, because Joe was born
here, one might actually be published in a Wooster newspaper instead, since
that is where the family lives now.  They can find that out through Hayes.

Sort of a one-stop shopping.