[OPLINLIST] Details on the Association for Rural and Small Libraries Conference

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Mon Jun 17 12:40:10 EDT 2013

Posted on behalf of the Association for Rural and Small Libraries

Dear Colleagues,

Time seems to be picking up speed as we move ever closer to the 2013 ARSL Annual Conference set for September 25-28 in Omaha, NE!  The Conference Committee has a few updates of interest for you today:

New information just released today includes a preliminary conference schedule, posted to our website, here:  http://arsl.info/2013-conference-session-schedule/.  Take a look and start marking your preferences now, or if you can only join us for one day you'll find this useful as you decide which to attend (we made that as hard as we could, so good luck!).

Special events related to this year's conference are filling fast.  Be sure to register soon to reserve your spot!

Pre-conferences:

  *   NASA Explore Marvel Moon with Keliann LeConte (all day Wednesday, lunch included)
  *   Inspiring Small Libraries with Heather Woody (Wednesday afternoon)
  *   Video Book Talks with Michael Sauers and Laura Johnson (Wednesday afternoon)
  *   Shifting Sands with Bonnie McKewon (Wednesday afternoon)

Tours:

  *   On, In, Up & Down Tour of Council Bluffs (all day Wednesday)
  *   Ghost Tour (Friday evening) -- just 2 tickets left!

We'll see you in Omaha,

Tena Hanson

On behalf of the 2013 Conference Committee
--
Director of Library Services
Estherville Public Library

Carolyn Petersen
Assistant Program Manager for Library Development
Washington State Library
Office of the Secretary of State
phone: 360.570.5560  fax: 360.586.7575
cpetersen at secstate.wa.gov<mailto:cpetersen at secstate.wa.gov>

Summer Reading 2013 at your local library!
[lm_2013_SR_EarlyLit-1_400057_7.jpg]
See the PSA at: http://www.cslpreads.org/psa<http://www.cslpreads.org/component/content/article/48-programs/resources/88-psa.html>