[OPLINLIST] FW: [!! SPAM] Spouses using each others library cards

Susan Sullivan sullivsu at oplin.org
Thu Jun 20 16:39:28 EDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Lowery [mailto:loweryan at oplin.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:28 PM
To: Susan Sullivan
Subject: Re: [!! SPAM] [OPLINLIST] Spouses using each others library cards

Our policy states that the library will only check out materials to the card
holder present - who must present his/her own valid card. We do allow, with
specific permission, spouses/family members to pick up materials if we have
prior written or verbal permission from the card holder. We use this
generally for shut-ins, etc.

Specifically:

All Ohio residents are eligible for a free library card. Library cards are
issued to individuals and are not transferable among family members or
friends.

Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out on their cards.
Patrons are required to present their cards at the circulation desk for the
most efficient service. Staff will check out material only to the person
whose name appears on the library card.

Anne Lowery, MLIS
Director
New London Public Library