[OPLINLIST] Data, data everywhere--use it to make ‘em think. Join OHIONET for a FREE online discussion (11/25/13)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Fri Nov 8 12:29:01 EST 2013

*Please excuse any cross-postings.*

We are busy, busy information professionals, juggling multiple needs and
demands--of our users, our communities, our fellow staffers.  It often
feels like we spend all our time putting out fires and finding time to keep
up with latest trends in the library world doesn’t often make to the top of
our to-do lists.  Good news--OHIONET is here to help!  For the last few
months, we have been working with OCLC to bring you a free discussion
series, Collective Insight: Driven by Shared
Data<https://www.oclc.org/en-US/events/collective-insight.html>,
for librarians of all types to come together to learn and chat about the
broad issues that impact the work that we do.

Our next installment of this series is scheduled for Monday, November 25th
and our topic will be data visualization best practices.  We’ll be
discussing a recorded presentation, “Clear Pictures from Complex
Data<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobGX0lQB8Q&list=PLWXaAShGazu7LiwlFqILyO6MYTzWtNQlN&index=2>,”
 by Noah Iliinsky, Visualization Expert at IBM's Center for Advanced
Visualization, co-author of Designing Data Visualizations, and
editor/contributor to Beautiful Visualization from O’Reilly Media.  Join us
online at 12:30 PM to chat about how to use data to spark insights and how
to make the best use of your data's stories in intentionally crafted
communications.

*Watch Noah’s YouTube presentation by clicking HERE
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobGX0lQB8Q&list=PLWXaAShGazu7LiwlFqILyO6MYTzWtNQlN&index=2>,
then log-on for the discussion!*

*When*:  Monday, Nov. 25, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM

*Where*:  Live, ONLINE

*Cost*:  $0

REGISTER NOW <https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/144489134> for this
web-based discussion.

If you’re employed by an OHIONET-member library in the central Ohio area
and would like to join us for lunch and an in-person screening of Clear
Pictures from Complex Data, please CLICK
HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=164&reset=1>for more
information.

As always, if you find yourself with questions or suggestions about any of
OHIONET's CE options, please don't hesitate to contact...
Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue