[OPLINLIST] Creative Aging Toolkit for Public Libraries Affiliate Network includes two library systems in Ohio: Cuyahoga County Public Library and Dayton-Metro Library

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Thu Nov 14 14:09:40 EST 2013

Please excuse multiple postings...
Congratulations to Cuyahoga County Public Library and Dayton-Metro Library!

Sent on behalf of Lifetime Arts, Inc.
We are very pleased to announce that Creative Aging in America's Libraries has been funded by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS).  This three-year national leadership project will improve, expand and sustain creative aging programs in public libraries and will help position libraries as community cornerstones for positive aging.
Built on Lifetime Arts' pioneering capacity building model, it reflects new scholarship on the benefits of social engagement and creative expression for healthy aging, employs nationally recognized best practices in arts education and promotes partnerships between librarians and arts and community organizations.  The project will establish the Lifetime Arts Library Affiliate Network through which up to 150 librarians, representing twenty-two library systems in twelve states will participate in training, receive on-going technical assistance, participate in a national peer network and receive support to implement programs in their communities.

The Affiliate Network includes two library systems in Ohio: Cuyahoga County Public Library and Dayton-Metro Library. See attached PDF.
Working closely with our partners Westchester Library System, AARP Foundation and the American Library Association's Public Programs Office, Lifetime Arts will provide a practical, replicable and sustainable approach for transforming older adult library services nationally to align with new knowledge, societal trends and collaborative practice.  We will disseminate information about the work across the library sector through ALA's Public Programs Office and AARP Foundation will help build public awareness about the value of library based arts engagement for older adults through their multiple channels.
As we implement Creative Aging in America's Libraries, we will keep you informed about the project and its impacts on public participants and library affiliates.   Also, as our plans for regional training institutes are finalized we will make sure that you know about the possibilities for state library staff or consultants to participate.  We believe Creative Aging in America's Libraries has implications for all public libraries and hope that you and your colleagues at the state library will be willing to work with us to promote and sustain this important work in Ohio.
In the meantime, we are proud to direct you to the Creative Aging Toolkit for Public Libraries at www.creativeagingtoolkit.org<http://www.creativeagingtoolkit.org/>.  Lifetime Arts developed and maintains this free online resource for public libraries.  We also invite you to learn more about Lifetime Arts and creative aging by visiting our website: www.lifetimearts.org<http://www.lifetimearts.org/>. Would you be willing to circulate information on these free resources to libraries in your state?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or suggestions about Creative Aging in America's Libraries or Lifetime Arts in general.

Sincerely,
Maura O'Malley |CEO/Co-Founder
Lifetime Arts, Inc.
81 Centre Avenue, Suite 307
New Rochelle, NY 10801
(914) 355-2304
momalley at lifetimearts.org<mailto:momalley at lifetimearts.org>
www.lifetimearts.org<http://www.lifetimearts.org>

[cid:image010.jpg at 01CEE142.459D4930]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
[cid:image011.png at 01CEE142.459D4930]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image013.png at 01CEE142.459D4930] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.