[OPLINLIST] Only a few days left to sign up for this FREE OHIONET online discussion!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Nov 19 08:23:33 EST 2013

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

Data, data everywhere--but what do we *do* with it all.  Today, more than
ever, we are swimming in data and it's only getting worse.  Rather than
just dumping it into Excel spreadsheets and treating it like that big box
of pictures in your closet that no one wants take the time to wade through,
we'll talk about how to use your data to tell and effective stories and
spark insights.

Join your fellow OHIONET members for an online discussion based on Noah
Iliinsky's talk at last year's ACRL conference, "Clear Pictures from
Complex Data."  Noah holds the title of Visualization Expert at IBM's
Center for Advanced Visualization, is the co-author of Designing Data
Visualizations, and an editor/contributor to Beautiful Visualization from
O’Reilly Media.

*Watch Noah’s YouTube presentation by clicking HERE
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobGX0lQB8Q&list=PLWXaAShGazu7LiwlFqILyO6MYTzWtNQlN&index=2>,
then log-on for the discussion!*

*When*:  Monday, Nov. 25, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM

*Where*:  Live, ONLINE

*Cost*:  $0

REGISTER NOW <https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/144489134> for this
web-based discussion.

If you’re employed by an OHIONET-member library in the central Ohio area
and would like to join us for lunch and an in-person screening of Clear
Pictures from Complex Data, please CLICK
HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=164&reset=1>for more
information.

As always, if you find yourself with questions or suggestions about any of
OHIONET's CE options, please don't hesitate to contact...
Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue