[OPLINLIST] Very thin books

dallen at cuyahogafallslibrary.org dallen at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Thu Nov 21 13:58:58 EST 2013

Hello, Collective Brain,

What do you do with very thin books?

One of our staff recently complained about a "book" that was really a
20-page pamphlet.  We'd processed it like a book of normal thickness, but
this staffer said, correctly, that it would almost disappear if it were
sideways to the shelf-scanning patron, let alone have any part of the
shelf label visible.

We've struggled with this problem in the past, and have wound up just
processing the book normally, as we did here, but this problem is making
us look at it again.  Do any of you have good ways to handle these things?

TIA,

David Allen
Cuyahoga Falls Library

believed to be clean.