[OPLINLIST] Spaces are STILL available for OHIONET's last scheduled instance of "RDA for Copy Catalogers" (11/18/13)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Mon Oct 21 12:19:05 EDT 2013

*Please excuse any cross postings*.

In just a few weeks, OHIONET will host the LAST of our currently scheduled
instances of the “RDA for Copy Catalogers” workshop.  As the much-discussed
new cataloging standard (Resource Description and Access) went live earlier
this year, this workshop has been exceptionally popular.  Attendees will
have the chance to learn about

   -

   RDA history and background--understanding the FRBR model
   -

   RDA vocabulary--and the differences from AACR2
   -

   RDA core elements for monograph cataloging
   -

   RDA core elements for serials cataloging
   -

   A review of new RDA fields in MARC and issues associated with these
   fields and with local systems
   -

   How to establish local copy cataloging procedures for RDA cataloging

Attendees will also get hands-on practice time with RDA Toolkit!

WHAT:  RDA for Copy
Catalogers<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=145>

WHEN:  Monday, November 18th from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM

WHERE:  1500 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH  43221

CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=145> to
register today!

NOTE:  To accommodate the high demand for this topic, we are asking
registrants to provide their own mobile computing device--laptop or tablet,
Windows-based or Mac--for this session.  If you are interested in attending
but absolutely cannot provide your own machine, CONTACT me to discuss
options.

Looking for more information on RDA but not sure where to start?  In an
effort to help spread the word about RDA, OHIONET has compiled a list of
web-based introductory materials that are freely available to load and
review 24/7--like this
gem<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUyBaDdc8c&feature=youtu.be>from
the wonderful technical services staff at Kent State University.
  Check out http://www.ohionet.org/rda-resources for the full list!

If you find yourself with questions or suggestions about this or any of
OHIONET’s other Continuing Education options, please never hesitate to
contact me directly.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller