[OPLINLIST] proctoring results

Rachelle Miller rmiller at tmcpl.org
Tue Oct 22 08:44:58 EDT 2013

Here are the responses I received for proctoring for those of you who
asked that I share. I also received a few policies and guidelines, which
I can forward on if anyone is interested. Thank you all! By the way, we
do not charge.

Rachelle

Proctoring results:

No charge. Public service.

We do not charge, but the student is responsible for any fees (faxing or
mailing).

We do not charge.

We offer proctoring, and we do not charge a fee.  I have always believed
that this is exactly the kind of thing that any institution of life-long
learning should offer.  There really is very little to it.  I will say
that any postage fees are expected to be provided; however, most of the
time, the school handles this anyway.  Most of the time, everything is
done digitally, so that isn't even a consideration.

We charge $5 to make sure that people show up for their tests.  We
process it as fines/fees income.

"If faxing the papers to the school is required, regular faxing fees
will apply.  If the exam arrives by email and we need to print it out,
there is a $.25 charge per page." We don't charge a proctoring fee per
se, but we do charge "maintenance" fees.  Hope this helps!

We proctor college-level and job-related tests, and we don't charge.

Free...All we ask is that a date be set a week prior to testing to
ensure coverage

No, we do not charge for proctoring tests but it does need to work into
our staff schedule.

We do not charge for test proctoring services, but we do not assume any
expenses for providing the service either.  Meaning, we do charge the
patron for any printouts made (a nominal $.15 per page) and long
distance faxes for returning the completed tests (also $.15 per page).
If postage is required to mail a hard copy back to the college, we have
the patron provide a postage paid mailer.  On the other hand, if the
test is completely online (with no printing, mailing, or faxing) then
the service is free.

We don't charge, Rachelle.  Requests tend to clump, unfortunately.

We do charge.  We charge $10 per exam.  The proctoring center for one of
the local colleges charges $25 dollars, so we think asking $10 is still
reasonable.  There are a couple of other libraries in the county that
proctor and do not charge (last I heard), so the students do have other
options.

It's free but they have to schedule ahead of time since only full time
staff can proctor. We only charge if we have to fax to a non-toll free
number or if the student has to print something.

We do not charge.

Free service but need to schedule/coordinate with adult services staff.
We do quite a few.  We don't have a policy about it either, by choice
and after discussion.

I do a lot of proctoring, but we don't charge.

We don't charge (except for copies and postage if necessary) but we also
don't technically proctor. We administer tests for those that need that.

      Rachelle Miller, Director

      Troy-Miami County Public Library

      (937) 339-0502

       www.tmcpl.org