[OPLINLIST] Fwd: Tech in 60 minutes

Dia Thomas dia.thomas at barbertonlibrary.org
Thu Feb 20 14:04:02 EST 2014

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "Dia Thomas" <dia.thomas at barbertonlibrary.org>
To: "oplinlist" <oplinlist at oplin.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:33:23 AM
Subject: Tech in 60 minutes

Hello All,

I currently teach computer classes.  But because I am seeing attendance shrink, I am thinking that it is time to explore other ways of teaching.

I am looking for information on how to set-up and run one-on-one computer training sessions.  These sessions would last for an hour and cover basic computer training topics: how to use a mouse, basic Microsoft applications, email, Facebook, Pinterest, internet searching and other basic and social media lessons.
I want to know whether or not appointments are set-up or if it is on a walk-in basis.  How many and what days are the sessions conducted?  What topics are not taught due to time constraints?  Any and all information that will allow me to provide training in a non-classroom setting is appreciated.  TIA-thanks in advance.

Dia S. Thomas, MLS
Audiovisual Librarian
Barberton Public Library
602 West Park Ave.