[OPLINLIST] Request for Reference Help--Leads on Ohio/Midwestern Nonfiction Book Awards

Matthew Ross mross at bucyruslibrary.org
Wed Mar 26 11:58:14 EDT 2014

A patron has requested help finding the names of any book award programs
that honor excellence in nonfiction, specifically garden or
horticultural writing, either within Ohio or throughout the Midwest.

I wasn't sure of the scope or criteria for of Ohioana's nonfiction
awards, but mentioned the festival, so she will also be checking that
out. I then pointed her towards some prizes awarded by the Midwestern
Independent Publishers Association as well as by the Garden Writers
Association, but I thought I would also reach out to the amazing
Reference Librarians who subscribe to OPLINLIST for other ideas.

If you know of any local/regional book award programs that might be a
good fit for horticultural writing, would you be so kind as to pass on
those names or URLs? You can reach me off-list at
mross at bucyruslibrary.org so as not to clutter subscribers' inboxes.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Matthew Ross, Director
Bucyrus Public Library
(419) 562-7327 x102