[OPLINLIST] Progressive Discipline

Amanda Henning ahenning at delawarelibrary.org
Wed May 7 15:32:55 EDT 2014

Hi All,

Please excuse cross-posting..  I'm just curious if there are any libraries
out there who have a policy of progressive discipline for patrons (either
written or verbal)?  Specifically, we have a group of teens right now who
are consistently breaking small library rules.  Some are asked to leave the
library for a day, some have been asked to leave until they are 18 (for
really serious offenses), but we don't have a policy for in between.  Does
anybody ask patrons to leave for longer than a day?  How do you keep track
of who staff has already talked to for behavior?  We're just wondering how
to deal with patrons who consistently break library rules and are being
asked to leave more than once in the span of a week.

thanks!

--
Amanda Henning
Teen Services Librarian