[OPLINLIST] Help you AND your patrons--learn about FREE online resources with two upcoming OHIONET webinars

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Sep 9 15:58:02 EDT 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

OHIONET has two webinars coming up next week and both focus on helping you
find quality FREE resources to help you and your patrons meet their
information needs.

Finding and Using Data Sets and Statistics Online
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=220>Understanding
data sets and statistics is becoming a critical literacy for more and more
of our user populations.  Whether your requests for help in these topic
areas are coming from hard-working students or budding entrepreneurs,
getting them connected to the information they’re looking for can be a
challenge.  Join OHIONET for our upcoming webinar….

WHEN:  Tuesday, Sept. 16th, 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
WHERE:  Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=220> to
register!

Picture That! Free Online Image Editing Tools
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=230>Knowing how to
effectively use images and other non-print media is a crucial skill that
can help you make the most of your communication efforts.  Whether you and
your colleagues are creating digital images for use in and around your
library or you’re looking for new resources and ideas to share with
patrons, this webinar will introduce you to a range of FREE image editing
tools available online.

NOTE:  This course is aimed at individuals who are NEW to image editing
software.  If you are already an Adobe Photoshop wizard, this course is NOT
for you.

WHEN:  Thursday, Sept. 18th, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
WHERE:  Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=230> to
register NOW!

REMEMBER:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend OHIONET’s
in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level
your library maintains?  Contact us <ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to
help.

To check out all our current CE options, CLICK HERE
<https://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for the OHIONET Training
Calendar.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or suggestions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
for OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue