[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS Summer Reading Workshop Presenters Needed

Rachelle Perry rachelle.perry at neo-rls.org
Mon Aug 17 16:39:42 EDT 2015

"Please excuse cross-postings"

Summer Reading workshops are back!!  Based on the feedback we received,  NEO has decided to offer our popular Summer Reading Workshops earlier so you can get a jump start on planning for 2016!

NEO would like to offer workshops at 3 locations as long as we have presenters for all three.   We will need people to decorate, present opening skits for school visits,  present breakouts, Flash programs and end of summer reading parties.  Please let me know if you or someone you know on staff would be interested in presenting. As a bonus, presenters can attend the workshop at a discounted rate of only $20! These workshops are a great way to get a jump on Summer Reading for next year and share with other youth services staff some great ideas and programs. YOU, the wonderful library community, make these workshops possible so please let me know by September 11th if you would be interested in presenting.  Then we will determine which workshops we can hold based on the responses.

Below is the tentative agenda for the day.

These workshops will be held in 3 locations.
Reed Memorial Library --  Friday, November 6th, 2015
Wayne County Public Library  --Friday, November 13th, 2015
Westlake Porter Public Library--  Friday, December 4th, 2015

Schedule

Volunteers Needed

9:30-10:00  Welcome and School visit skits

Presenters to perform or show skits

10:15-11:00 Decoration ideas for school age and teen

People to decorate and present

11:00-11:45 Craft/Technology

People to share crafts and technology ideas

11:45-12:30 Lunch

12:30-1:15 Programming ideas for school age and teen

Presenters

1:30-2:30 Flash Round: Great ideas in 5 minutes

12 Presenters needed

2:30-3:30 End of Summer Reading Party ideas

Presenters needed

In Addition:
Other Summer Reading Events-
Teen Webinars:  Wednesday, December 9th
Wednesday, December 16th                                                     Presenters needed

Looking forward to working with everyone and having great summer reading events!

Kindest Regards,
Rachelle

Rachelle L. Perry
Youth Services Coordinator/Office Administrator
Northeast Ohio Regional Library System (NEO-RLS)
1580 Georgetown Rd., Hudson, OH 44236   330-655-0531  (fax) 800-373-9594
[signature size]
NEO Helps Libraries Succeed!